Our Economy Funeral Package includes...
- Prompt pickup of your loved one at time death by our staff.
- Meeting with family to write obituaries and plan services
- Placement of obituaries if desired (obituaries on our website at no charge)
- Prompt filing of the death certificate, and obtaining copies for the family.
- Embalming and preparation of the deceased for viewing
- One hour of public viewing at funeral home
- Funeral at funeral home
- Use of vehicles - including hearse on the day of the funeral
- Cloth-Covered Casket (see picture)
- Concrete graveliner (vault)(see picture)
- Staff only at graveside
TOTAL FUNERAL HOME CHARGES (SERVICES & MERCHANDISE) = $5,690.00
Some outside costs to consider:
- Certified copies of death certificates (Washtenaw County $15.00 for one/ $5.00 each additional)*
- Obituaries in newspapers (if desired, our website is free)*
- Burial costs (typically around $800-1000) *
- Cemetery Equipment (probably $195 with this package)*
*These costs will be "cash advance" items, meaning we will pay all of the fees for you and add them to your final invoice without markup. Please also note that these items vary greatly, depending upon place of death and services requested.
We kept the cost of this package low by:
- having visitation on the same day as the funeral (add $485 for a separate day of visitation)
- not including a public graveside services (saves our fee of $235 and lowers cemetery equipment costs)
- using a simple casket and vault (concrete graveliner)
- not including printed memory cards and thank-you notes