Cole Funeral Chapel is a family-owned funeral home committed to caring for your family. An independent funeral home in Chelsea, MI, our mission is to meet your needs whatever they may be. We provide a wide range of services, from sitting down with you to discuss future needs to grief counseling after the death of a loved one.
Our funeral home was founded in 1898, and was purchased by Donald Cole in 1977. His son, Allen, bought the funeral home from his father in 1999, continuing the tradition of service to the Chelsea area.
We know that making funeral arrangements can be difficult, so let us help you every step of the way. We have a professional staff equipped with many resources that can provide assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please feel free to call anytime.
* Easy to find on East Middle Street (one block East of Main Street)
* Handicap accessible: ramp leading into front entrance, handicap accessible restrooms, and parking.
* A beautiful Victorian building located in a pleasant residential setting.
* Comfortable, home-like setting.
* Our chapel can seat up to 175 people with overflow capacity for additional 100.
* A large parking lot, with additional street parking available. We are within easy walking distance of downtown Chelsea.
* Fleet of vehicles including a hearse, utility van, and family car.
* Children’s play area includes a train table and videos
* Lending library with many books about grief and helping others
All of our staff is eager to help you in any way we can. We are a family-owned business, so we do not have to report to stockholders or worry about other locations. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet your needs.
Cole Funeral Chapel, 214 E. Middle St, Chelsea, MI 48118. Phone 734-475-1551
We are located one block East of Main in downtown Chelsea.